Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 16 Play: FIELD OF FLOWERS

#16: FIELD OF FLOWERS - by Ed Valentine
© January 16, 2010 * ed@edvalentine.com


LIGHTS UP: A FIELD OF FLOWERS. A MAN and a WOMAN, apart.

MAN: My love!

WOMAN: My love?

MAN: My love?

WOMAN: My love!

MAN: Babykins?

WOMAN: Honey lamb!

MAN: Sweetie bear?

WOMAN: Schnookums!

MAN: Come here.

WOMAN: You come here.

MAN: No, YOU come here.

WOMAN: No, YOU come here.

-

MAN: Let’s BOTH go there.

WOMAN: Excellent idea!

MAN: I’m coming!

(They both run towards each other. A rumble. A crack opens in the ground, a fissure between them. They cannot cross it. They sit, sadly, on the ground.)

MAN: No no no.
No no no.

WOMAN: This’ll never work, Tom. I told you.

MAN: I know. Don’t you think I know?

(They sit sadly. Lights fade.)

END OF PLAY.

No comments: