Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 17 Play: STREETLAMP NIGHT

X: STREETLAMP NIGHT - by Ed Valentine
© March 17, 2010 * ed@edvalentine.com


LIGHTS UP: A Streetlamp. Foggy night. A Streetwalker and a John.

STREETWALKER: I can give you what you long for.

THE JOHN: Sex, you mean?

STREETWALKER: No. Well, yes, but –

THE JOHN: Pleasure.

STREETWALKER: No. More.

THE JOHN: Ecstasy? Fulfillment?

STREETWALKER: More, still.

THE JOHN: A whizz-bang evening?

STREETWALKER: Warm.

THE JOHN: A night I’ll never forget?

STREETWALKER: Warmer.

THE JOHN: What I’ve always wanted, always wanted in the end.

STREETWALKER: Maybe.

THE JOHN: The most intense physical expression I could ever hope to have?

STREETWALKER: Hot now.

THE JOHN: Then give it to me.

STREETWALKER: Give it to you?

THE JOHN: Give it to me. Now.

(She breaks his neck. Bends over his corpse. Drinks his blood.)

STREETWALKER: That’s what you want, Jack. Aren’t you the lucky boy!
(Her mouth is bloody.)
Who’s next?

(Grins out at us. Too many teeth.)

END OF PLAY.

No comments: