Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!


Though I believe this New Year will bring many good things, I also have to say that 2009 comes with one huge dark cloud for the future:

What happens next New Year’s Eve, when we can’t get cool glasses with two zeroes in the middle?

‘2010’ just doesn’t seem to be as easily made into spectacles as ‘2009.’ And when the ‘2011’ glasses arrive, I’ll be half blind - like a pirate.

Oh well. I simply have to adopt a new ambition: I now plan to live till the year 3001, when I can once again get cool glasses with zeroes in the middle. Join me in the future: we’ll party like it’s 2009.

1 comment:

louise said...

Okay, we must be on the same psychic wavelength today! I JUST finished writing and publishing my January 1st blog post, and I ended it with that very same photo of you three and posing the same question! Honestly, what is going to happen to the glasses when the beautiful symmetry of the two zeros in the center is no longer possible?!!
Cheers, my blogging twin....
louise