Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tuna New Year

Alright, all you foodies. (I’m talking to you, Rob, and you, Louise.) You think you’re sooooo cool with your recipes and food posts and sexy sexy food photos. Well, make some room! You Top Chefs have some new competition – from ME, Ed Valentine, unlikely cook.

Why? Cuz guess what I made last night: Tuna salad. Did you hear me? TUNA. SALAD.

Yeah. I know you’re jealous. I know you want the recipe. But am I gonna give away my cooking secrets? Am I gonna share?

Oh, okay. You twisted my arm:

1 pack pre-packaged packet of no-drain Chicken-of-the-Sea tuna
2 tbl mayo
1 large apple, cored and sliced (peeled or unpeeled - I used unpeeled)
a couple of handfuls of raisins
1/2 cups of pineapple chunks.

Laugh if you will. It was good eatin’. (Plus, ‘cooking’ anything – beyond a microwavable burrito – is a significant achievement for me.)

Now if I can only get a photo of my chunky little culinary masterpiece....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Ed! I am very impressed and can't wait to try your chunky tuna salad!
Keep the culinary inspirations coming, whether they may or may not need pans or pots! You never know, your next big cal may be from Alice's tea cup!
love,
Jorge

louise said...

Way to go Ed! I'm happy that you are spending time in your kitchen and channeling your inner Top Chef. Look out, Padma!
xo, louise