Monday, November 28, 2011

Terrific Terry Gilliam article

Check out this awesome article about Terry Gilliam in today's LATimes.  

I confess that I haven't seen a Gilliam movie in years, and I remember that his work contained at least as many moments of revulsion as there were visions of transcendent grace. 

But in the end, it's the grace that remains with me.  (Uma Thurman on the Half-Shell in "Baron Munchausen," to name one - and above all, my favorite movie moment of all time: the extraordinary waltz in Grand Central in "Fisher King."  

And this article gave me a greater appreciation for what this director's gone through to make his films.  It made me want to revisit his body of work now that I'm older and wiser (?).  Anyway, enjoy!  

2 comments:

Tom Guida said...

He's the closest thing we have to Kazuo Ishiguro

Ed Valentine said...

Tom - at first I thought this was in reference to my other post about Tom Friedman! And I was very confused.